This time I needed something with the chicken cordon bleu. I did extra bread crumbs for that recipe so I used them here. It worked very well.
Pre browning the bread crumbs here helps keep them crisp.
Ingredients:1 lb fresh green beans cleaned and trimmed
1 small red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup browned bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1) Cut up the red onion. Cut in half and peal outer layer and trim ends. Cut across the radius to make the outside peal about 1/2 inch wide. Combine with the beans in a mixing bowl.
2) Add olive oil and garlic. Pour into a 9 inch square baking pan... non stick is really good here.
3) With 1 T oil over medium high heat brown the bread crumbs lightly.
4) Place in 425 convection oven. Cook for about 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes. With the last stir, add the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
5) Remove when bread crumbs are browned