I have no idea where this came from but I must have made this at least 50 times. It's simple and great. What more do you want?
Note: as with all chili, it's even better heated p. I try to use Pace Medium salsa and max out the cumin. I usually cook some skinless boneless breast but any precooked chicken will do. If you have a tough layer on the top of the breasts, just remove and discard to the dog.
1 1/2 to 3 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
8 ozs. Pepper-Jack Cheese cubed
8 ozs. salsa mild or medium (to taste)
1 48 oz. jar great northern beans , un-drained (I usually use Randell)
Add a cup or so of chicken broth if you want thinner.
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves cooked shredded
- 1 1/2 to 3 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 8 oz's Pepper-Jack Cheese cubed
- 8 oz's salsa mild or medium (to taste)
- 48 oz. jar great northern beans , undrained I usually use Randell
1) Preheat oven to 350. Trim chicken breast and place on 1/2 sheet pan. Don't over cook the chicken. About 35-45 mins. Don't brown. 170 internal temp.2) Shred chicken 3) Combine all ingredients in crock pot and mix well.4) Cook on low for about 3 hours. Stir frequently.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 servings