So I have earned a little musing about what I have learned and what I plan.
First, what I have learned/believe:
- There is excellent cooks out there to learn from. And they give it to you for free. See my blog list for some of them.
- When I look for a recipe, I first look at CI (Cooks Illustrated... I love the scientific approach) and then I Google and add blog to the end of my search phrase for the best material.
- My photography has gotten better but I'm using editing programs to quickly improve the results. I now know how to use a histogram.
- If you're close to my age, you will remember the term "Military-Industrial Complex" (a very 1960's phrase) referring to the relationship between the Military and the industries they deal with. The food industry is no better.
- The health food/vitamin industry is even worse then the food industry in their claims and lack of proof. Avoid them like raw chicken. Don't get me started about drug companies.
- You eat a lot better when you plan ahead.
- Spell check is wonderful
I'm working on a personal diet plan to help get rid of the 10 pounds I have gained since starting this blog. I want to blame my "bread phase" and I'm sure it was a lot of it but the Julia Child's french bread was so totally worth it. I still believe simple carbs stimulate appetites and my body seems to think white flour is sugar. I will be posting something soon on a diet I think I can follow and stay on.
The frequency of posts will slow some time soon. I have new medical students starting soon and they take a lot of time. We are implementing EMR (electronic medical records) and that will take a lot of time and energy.
Enough musing... on to the next post.
PS picture by MJ