Another for the garlic lover out there with some butter thrown in. A grilled sirloin with a short brine that's garlic heavy. Very moist and tender with excellent garlic taste with a hint of butter.
Not really a modification of anything. I did a mechanical tenderization on well trimmed sirloin. Brined in water, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder for only one hour.
Results 9.2 taste 9.2 tenderness 9.5 and ease 9.
Tools: Mechanical meat tenderizer (not required)
Ingredients2 sirloin steaks about 8-10 oz each well trimmed
1 cups water
1 T salt
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 t garlic powder
Pepper to taste
3 T butter
1 T minced garlic
2) Use a mechanical meat tenderizer if available to prep meat. If not available, use a narrow knife and puncture each side about 20 times.
3) Place meat in marinade and refigerate for about 1 hours (1-4).
4) Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes. Clean and oil grates.
5) Remove steaks from brine, pepper to taste and grill over high heat.
6) While steaks are cooking, in a small pan over medium heat, melt 3 T butter. When butter starts to bubble, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
7) At approximately 15 minutes into grilling when internal temp is about 10 degrees from done, do final flip and coat top with butter garlic mixture.
8) Grill for approximatley 20 minutes until internal temp of 150 to 155.