Start with crispy fried bacon, some onion, garlic, a few spices and some broth. Melt some cheese in and add some shredded chicken.
Notes: I added a lot more cheese than other recipes. I wanted the thickening from the cheese and not from flour. You can add some cooked broccoli with the chicken or instead of the chicken.
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 - 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded sharp chedder cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken
1) Cut 4 strips of bacon into cubes. Don't trim the fat, you need it later. Brown the bacon in a large non stick pan. About 5-6 minutes.2) When bacon is approaching crispy, add one medium onion chopped. Continue to cook until the onion is clearing, about 4 minutes. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and cook one more minute.3) Add one 14 oz can of chicken broth, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper and 1/8 t of cayenne pepper. Add 2 cups of half and half. Continue to cook until it just starts to simmer.4) Add 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. As soon as cheese is incorporated, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded chicken.5) Simmer over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 cups