Around here Mother’s Day should be called “Blueberry Day”. This year the treat was something very special, a wonderful blueberry banana bread. A great treat for a special day or a special person. Oh So Easy.
Over the years I have always made breakfast for my wife on Mother’s Day. Some of my best recipes are the results, usually involving blueberries. To find what my wife is thinking I sometimes hit up her Pinterest page. This time I found a blueberry banana bread recipe… looked good and nice pictures… but… not my banana bread. You see, I think my banana bread is the best banana bread ever.
So out comes the nuts, add in the blueberries, a little vanilla and you’re there.
Notes: Coating the blueberries with flour help keeps them from all sinking to the bottom.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 over ripe bananas
- 2½ cup AP flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter for pan
- 2 tablespoon flour for blueberries and pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 not convection.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan with a tablespoon of butter and little flour.
- Rinse 1 cup blueberries (frozen is ok) and coat with one tablespoon flour.
- Mix wet :3 tablespoon oil, ¾ cup milk, 1 egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla. Mash in 2-3 over ripe bananas.
- Mix dry: 2½ cup AP flour, 1 cup sugar, 4 t baking powder, 1 t salt
- Mix wet into dry and stir until combined
- Add coated blueberries and mix just enough to distribute
- Transfer to the floured pan and bake for about one hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
June 15 2014