Amazingly tasty Boursin cheese sauce is the highlight of this restaurant quality dish. This ultra-easy versatile sauce will take any dish to the next level.
All recipes have a story, and so does this one. We had out of town company and went to the local high-end seafood restaurant. My wife has wanted to go, but we just didn’t have a reason before. She had a seafood pasta with Boursin sauce. She has requested a repeat for her birthday. This is unheard of; Miss Porterhouse is asking for pasta for her birthday.
It was time to come up with a recipe. But not much is out there. Iowa Girl Eats has Chicken with Boursin sauce. There is a general Boursin cheese sauce by Katie at Mom to Mom Nutrition. There were several more, one of which was more of an Alfredo type dish but was way too fussy.
My wife is at 4.5 to 5. I’m at 4-4.5 so high 4 to low 5.
- This is going to be a chicken and broccoli dish. I will cook separately and combine at the end.
- I will combine with pasta to make a complete meal.
- I will use the Boursin with some Parmesan to make the sauce with some half and half. I can’t bring myself to use heavy cream, but I want to add some creaminess. I will need more volume for all the goodies.
- I’m going to add some extra garlic at the start of the sauce for my wife. Consider it optional.
- While not hard, there are a number of pans to be cleaned.
- Finally, check the timing on your pasta and the timing on how you are cooking your broccoli, so it all gets gone at the same time. My pasta was 7 minutes; the broccoli was 6 minutes and the sauce takes about 7-8 minutes. So start the sauce, drop the pasta in the boiling water, then turn on the microwave. Perfect timing.
It is hard to go wrong with this lineup of ingredients.
Trim 1 1/2 to 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Mince one small or 1/2 medium onion. Over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil to a large pan. When shimmering, add chicken. Give the chicken a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper. After 3-4 minutes add the onion.
Cook until chicken is at least 165 degrees. About 10 minutes total. Cook 3/4 pound of pasta according to package directions. Cook 12 oz. (4 cups) of broccoli florets. You can use fresh or frozen and cook as you wish. I used frozen and microwaved.
Remove chicken from pan. Over medium heat, optionally add 1 tablespoon butter and when hot add 1-2 cloves of crush garlic and cook 1 minute. Add 2 cups half and half. Add two 5.2 oz packages of garlic/herb Boursin cheese and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan.
Break apart the Boursin. Continue to mix until smooth. About 5-6 minutes. Add the chicken and cooked broccoli.
Mix well and pour over the cooked pasta. Mix some the serving dish and top with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
August 15, 2016