1 48 oz jar Great Northern beans – undrained
2 cloves garlic minced
1 large onion chopped
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 Table spoon cumin (I usually do 2-2.5 but that’s me)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
1 red bell pepper chopped
32 oz chicken stock (broth is ok but stock is better if the store has it)
- Put beans, onion, garlic, stock, and spices into a crock put. Turn to high.
- Place chicken into a baking pan and cook at 350 until done but not browned (30-40 min in my oven)
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces (or shed if desired)
- Add chicken, bell pepper, and green chilis, and then reduce the crock pot’s temp to low.
- Let simmer at least 1.5 hours (longer is better of course.)
- Serve with crackers, bread, or tortilla chips.
- I like my chili thick so I often don’t use all the stock and use extra chicken.
- I also tend to go spicy. to adjust this I use small ultra spicy peppers and/or up the cumin depending on my tastes of the day.
- Also good for serving: spritz a bit of lime juice across the top of your bowl.