I’m always in search of a grilled side vegetable. Excellent and simple. Not much else to say.
Inspired by a CI recipe that is oven based. Well if you can bake it in the oven then you should be able to cook it on the grill. Yep you can with great results.
Rating: 9.2 Taste 9.2 Tenderness 9.5 Simplicity 9.2
Notes: The stem of the broccoli was really good. Tender and tasty. I usually end up throwing it away.
1 medium head of broccoli
1/4 olive oil – I used regular olive oil not EV since it is on the grill. If you use EV it may smoke.
2 T crushed garlic
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1) Clean and trim broccoli. Cut stem off. Remove outside of stem and cut into medallions about 1/2 inch thick. Cut top into 4-6 pieces.
2) Mix all other ingredients together in mixing bowl.
3) Add broccoli and mix well, coating as well as possible.
4) Add to oiled grill safe pan. I used grill PAM.
5) Place over direct low heat. Stir at about 5 minutes. Remove when broccoli is beginning to brown. About 10 minutes.