There has been a major update to the blog this last week. The entire recipe structure has been replaced and updated.
This has been overdue for a while, but some errors have moved it up in the schedule. Two of the top recipes on the blog skyrocketed in total recipe ratings. The chicken drumstick recipe went from 10,000 ratings to 23, 000 in 6 days and the strip steak recipe was over 100, 000 reviews. No others seem affected.
While both are excellent and very popular recipes, there is no way that many people rated them. I ended up wiping all the ratings from both, resetting to zero within the last two weeks. I could have hacked it but just didn’t want to handle it that way.
The recipe structure is, of course, core to a food blog. I had been using WP Ultimate Recipe for the last 3 years. I have moved to the more modern recipe plugin from the same developer, WP Recipe Maker.
So what is in it for you?
- Slight improvement in speed and appearance.
- Nice big jump to recipe and print buttons at the top of the recipes.
- You can rate the recipe in two spots now in the recipe card and the comments. Just click the stars.
- You can still adjust the number of servings.
- You can still translate between American Standard measurements and Metric on some recipes and more as I review the conversion, one at a time for 460 recipes. It may be a while on that.
Lastly, a Favor Please.
Since I converted 460 recipes this week, I have not had time to check them all on all platforms and browsers. If you see something funny, I apologize and PLEASE let me know.
A refreshed chili recipe is coming in a few hours. It is still winter here.