It’s ideal for a kid pizza party. Kids love pizza, but they’re way picky about what is on them plus they like to help, if you call it that. Well, get the camera ready for pictures. Less than 30 minutes from start to eating. And oh so simple and good to boot.
The concept is simple. Use tortillas for the crust. Brush with oil on both sides and brown one side just enough to seal it. Flip. Let the kids do the toppings, then back on the grill for about 5 minutes until done.
A few notes:
1) All toppings must be cooked until safe and if you want something crispy, cook it to that point before topping.
2) Cheese will melt but not brown. You will burn the tortilla if you try to cook to that point. But cheese could be put on first like Chicago pizza.
Timing: 25 minutes for me including browning meat. Let’s say 30 minutes with little hands helping.
Tools: Very clean grill, a pizza peel or cookie sheet with no edge.
Tortillas ( I used whole wheat which is a little thicker but size and type your choice)
Pizza sauce ( I used jar since only a little is needed)
Toppings your choice: Mine are 1/2 lb Italian sausage, 20 pieces pepperoni, 1/2 chopped green pepper, 1/2 small onion chopped, and about 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1) Preheat grill on high for about 10 minutes. Clean well and be sure to oil well.
2) While preheating, prep all toppings cleaning and chopping veggies, cooking meats and crisping anything you want.
3) Brush both sides of tortillas and grill until there are grill marks. About 2 minutes.
4) Remove from grill and flip over. Put topping on the side with grill marks. You can but them on in any order.
5) Grill until crust is well browned. If you topped with cheese, it would not be browned.
Suggestions for toppings:
Really whatever you or the little ones like. See my regular grill pizza for a great garlic chicken combo.
July 24, 2016