Hi all, this page addresses some typical business questions related to food blogging, such as guest posts, advertisements, use of materials, and links.
Adding Links/Content and Working with You
First, if you are proposing any of the following things: NO, it won't happen. Please don't ask. I will trash your email or send you a link to this page.
Sponsored Posts / Product Reviews
I do not do sponsored posts. This is about helping people learn to cook, not sell your product, so no sponsored posts. Also, I no longer do product reviews for similar reasons.
Send samples if you wish, but since I don't publish my address, you must contact me first. Also, do not expect your product to appear on the blog since it probably will not.
We can talk if you want to do a giveaway with a nice product I like with a value over $80. But I turn down most offers. I will do it if I believe your product is correct for my followers.
If I'm not familiar with or use the product, I will need a duplicate to evaluate to do the write-up. If I don't like the product, I will not do the giveaway. If I use the product already, I'm good and don't need the freebie.
For this, you get front-page exposure on my blog during the giveaway and a short write-up. I will choose the winner by a random method. You will be responsible for the shipping of the product to the winner. The giveaway will last about one week, and the post will be removed one week after completed.
Direct advertising: No thanks. All ads are by my ad network—Raptive. I have no interest in discussing what you have to "offer."
Ad Networks: I'm well set with Raptive. I'm not interested in your ads.
Information for Publishers - use of Photo or Materials
Hi there, publishers; I hope you're having a good day.
I thought I would share my guidelines about using my photos and recipes. My blog is about sharing, so I love to share, but there are always limits. How I like to share will be good for you and me.
This site contains intellectual property owned by 101cookingfortwo.com, LLC, including trademarks, copyrights, proprietary information, and other intellectual property, such as images and text. The Site also contains material licensed to 101 Cooking for Two, LLC, and this site does not own that material, and permission to use that material can not be granted.
Please read and follow the Copyright Policy.
YOU MUST ASK EVERY TIME FOR ANY IMAGE AND OTHER MATERIAL FROM THIS SITE. I do not own all images on this site and can not give you permission to use some of the images.
Do's - only once you have specific permission to use something
- You may ask for permission for one picture only, and the watermark must be left intact. This is for use in a non-recipe post ONLY. You may NOT use any of my images on the same page as a recipe.
- If you need a cropped or higher resolution, please let me know.
- If you are publishing a similar recipe. It is polite to change at least several of the ingredients.
- You may copy up to 40 words of the text but NO INSTRUCTIONS. If you need more, ask.
- Always provide a do-follow link to the original post or home page that does not use "no follow." The link must be in a prominent location on the page and in the same font, size, and color generally used on that page.
- Never publish any images/other material or modifications of those images/materials without explicitly asking permission and receiving permission for that image/material.
- No hotlinking to any material on this site. I'm not your host. (It is blocked anyway.)
- Don't ever publish the instructions/directions. Ever.
- If your site contains: health information of the non-traditional type, alternative medicine, or non-evidence base recommendations OR any of the popular non-scientific BS popular on the internet regarding nutrition and health, then you do not have permission to use any of my material ever. Go away. I do not want to deal with you and do not want to be associated with you.
- If your site uses "click-bate" type headlines, I will not grant permission to use materials. You know who you are; please do not make me insult you.
- Don't publish in your paper book, booklet, or handout. You can't provide a link, so I get nothing useful to me.
- Don't tell me you need the complete recipe, and you will credit my site. Not an equal trade. I will just say no.
I bend the rules for true non-profits, schools, and community organizations.
Please be aware I will protect my copyrights.
I will use the DMCA to file complaints and report you to your ISP, along with reporting to Google, Amazon, AdSense, Pinterest, and others as needed. The owners of licensed material on my site may also pursue legal actions for any infringement of their rights.
So please play nice.
There you have it. Have a great day.
Peace, Love, and Happiness, as we old hippies would say
Have a great day
Most current contact information at Contact Me.
DrDan @ 101cookingfortwo . com (Remove spaces to use)
PS: I will enforce my copyrights if needed. I will use the DMCA to file complaints and report you to your ISP. Or other actions as needed, including Pinterest and Google action. Let's play nice...please.