Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Paula Deen's Basic Meatloaf
Tasty, moist everyday basic meatloaf adapted from a Paula Deen recipe at Food Network. Easy to follow step by step photo instructions.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion medium chopped about 1 cup
- 1 green pepper medium chopped 1 cup
- 2 eggs whipped
- 1 cup Quick oats
- 14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Preheat oven to 375 convection.
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and transfer to baking dish. Like all meatloaf, do not over mix.
Mix topping and spread over meatloaf then bake for approx 1 hour. Until an internal temp of about 165.
Drain or remove from pan for serving.
- Mix well but don't "over mix".
- Since it is ground meat, it must reach 165 to be safe. Please use a thermometer.
- Using a long spatula to lift out of the pan.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 795mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 23% | Calcium: 7% | Iron: 18%