An easy recipe for crock pot French dip sandwiches that are melt in your mouth tender and bursting with wonderful taste. Easy to follow step by step photo instructions.
- Choose a beef roast that has some marbling. But avoid a roast that has too much connective tissue that you will need to sort out later.
- The crock pot needs to be big enough for the beef to fine with some space around it. 3 1/2 qt or above will probably be fine depending on shape of meat and the crock pot.
- Brown the beef before adding to the crock pot will add good flavor to the beef.
- Cook the onion a bit before adding to crock pot.
- Cut the beef across the grain.
- Use the cheese of your choice but provolone cheese is my first choice followed by mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese. avoid strong cheeses like sharp cheddar.
Nutrition is only for the meat and not for sauce, bun, or cheese.