Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crock Pot Fudge
Let's make some great fudge that's so easy even a child could do it. This crock pot fudge recipe is just what you need for the holidays.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 2 mins
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips see notes to use butterscotch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
Start with a smaller crock pot. I used a 3.5 quart cooker. But a larger crock pot will be fine. Give it a heavy spray of PAM.
Combine one 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, two 12 oz bags semisweet chocolate chips and one teaspoon vanilla. You can substitute one bag of butterscotch chips for one of the chocolate chips bags but see the recipe note about the butterscotch chips first, please. Cook in the crock pot for 2 hours with the cover OFF. Stir halfway through.
Remember TOP OFF and on low.
Prep an 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 dish with crossing sheets of parchment paper. Also butter corners well to prevent sticking. I like to just a touch of butter under the parchment paper to hold it in place.
You can just butter the dish if you wish. If you do this then after cooled, set in an inch of warm water for a few minutes to release the fudge.
When the fudge combines easily, mix in 3/4 to 1 cup of chopped walnuts if you wish.
Pour into the prepared pan and smooth. You can add other toppings at this time. Refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours).
Remove from pan and cut into servings.
Store in an airtight container. It should be good at room temperature for at least a week. Refrigerated for 2-3 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months.
- You can use a larger crock pot.
- Top OFF
- Use low not high on the crock pot
- Quality matters. Do not use generic components.
- I prefer to substitute a bag of butterscotch chips for a bag of chocolate chips.
- If using butterscotch chips, they do not melt like chocolate chips. You will need to mash them at the end to get them to combine.
- This is a great "making it with kids" recipe. There is no lid so they can watch.
- If you butter the dish or the fudge won't release from the dish, set in an inch of warm water to help release the fudge.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 3%