How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
Easy step by step photo instructions to cooking bacon in the oven. Nothing is better than great bacon.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 5 2 slice servings
Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection. Or start with a cold oven and add a few minutes.
Line a sheet pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil (heavy-duty preferred) and turn up edges. Place bacon on sheet close together but not touching. Up to 9-10 pieces usually fit. If you have issues with sticking or using thinner bacon, then parchment paper may be a better choice.
Place in the middle of the oven. Do something else for 18 minutes and come back. Time will vary with the thickness of the bacon and your taste. It is done when it looks done. I like my bacon very crispy, so I use 20-22 minutes with thick bacon.
Drain on paper towels and pat "dry" with another paper towel.
- You do not have to preheat the oven. It just takes a bit longer.
- I have done this with oven temperatures of 350 to 425. With or without convention. Just adjust time some.
- Thinner bacon cooks much faster.
- Some bacon has more sugar and will tend to stick. See discussion in the post. Use a layer of parchment paper if you are unsure or have a problem.
- No flipping or rack is needed although some use them.
- It is done when it looks done to your taste.
Don't miss out, check the full post. Almost every recipe includes easy step by step photo instructions so you can visualize yourself cooking this recipe along with helpful tips and options.
Calories: 70kcal | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 160mg | Vitamin C: 5mg