Crock Pot Chicken Baked Ziti
Time for an ultra-simple crock pot chicken baked ziti. Just follow these easy step by step photo instructions to have some great Italian comfort food bursting with tasty goodness.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about one pound
- 1 small onion chopped or 1/2 medium
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 2 cups ziti or penne pasta 1/2 of a one pound box
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella shredded
Trim and pat dry two skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. Chop into small bite-size pieces.
Chop 1 small onion or 1/2 medium.
Add 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes to a smaller (3-4 quart) crock pot.
Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/8 teaspoon crushed pepper (optional) and 2 cloves crushed garlic. Mix well.
Add 1 cup shredded mozzarella and mix well. Add the prepared onion and chicken and mix well.
Add 2 cups uncooked pasta of your choice. Smooth the top.
Cover with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- You need about 1 to 1 1/2 pound of chicken. I use skinless boneless chicken breast, but skinless boneless thighs would work well.
- This recipe uses a smaller 3-4 qt crock pot. You can double the rsecipe and use a larger 6-8 qt crock pot.
- You may use jarred sauce, but then you only use the chicken, cheese, pasta, and your sauce. But you should use mine. So much better.
- This recipe may cook a bit faster if your crock pot runs hotter. So if it does, check at 3 hours for temperature over 165 and tender pasta.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 963mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 20.6mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 2.5mg