Mango Pineapple Salsa
Mango salsa is so simple to whip up. Wonderfully tasty and a great compliment to spicy Mexican foods. Just a little slicing and dicing and you're there. Perfect for a party and friends.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 mango chopped 1/4 inch and peeled
- 1/2 fresh pineapple chopped 1/4 inch
- 1/2 red pepper diced 1/4 inch
- 1 Roma tomato chopped 1/4 inch
- 1/2 red onion small chipped 1/8 inch
- 1 jalapeno cored and seeded chopped very finely
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped optional
- 1 lime
Start by cleaning the pineapple and pepper. Chop half the pineapple and half the pepper into 1/4 inch pieces.
Clean the jalapeno by cut off ends and de-seeding then chop fine. Chip half of a small red onion into 1/8 inch pieces.
Chop the cilantro if using.
Cut the mango and the Roma tomato into 1/4 inch pieces.
Add all to mixing bowl and add the juice of one lime. Mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour at least before serving.
- A good mango should be firm but not rock hard, and definitely not mushy.
- Roma or plum tomatoes are better for this since they have more "meat".
- Cilantro is optional.
- You can double the mango and eliminate the pineapple.
- Do not use canned pineapple.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 90.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.5mg