Add to Collection
Go to Collections
How To Cook Sausage in the Oven
Learn how to cook sausage in the oven with this easy to follow step by step photo instructions. Great breakfast sausage "fried" in the oven.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound sausage breakfast
Preheat oven. I'm using 400 degrees convection. Anything from 375 to 425 with or without convection should be fine but you will need to adjust time and perhaps need a couple of minutes under a broiler at the end to brown up some.
Spread sausage over a rimmed baking tray so they don't touch. A spray of PAM doesn't hurt on the tray. You could use parchment paper or non-stick foil also.
Bake for 10 minutes then flip sausage.
Finish cooking to nice color and internal temp of at least 165. Use a few minutes of the broiler at the end if needed to brown better.
- Use the sausage you want, links or patties.
- Cooks well with other dishes since you can use different oven temperatures
- Using a sheet pan works very well. You need a pan with some sides.
- If you have sticking, use some parchment paper. This has never happened to me.
- The only really important thing is an internal temperature of at least 165.
- A few minutes of the broiler may be needed at the end to get the browning you want.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 425mg | Vitamin A: 2% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 2%