Hi all, this is the page to address some of the business questions related to food blogging.
Let’s get right to the list.
First, if you are proposing any of the following things: NO. It won’t happen. Please don’t ask. I will trash your email or send you a link to this page.
- Adding your content.
- Linking to your content.
- Exchange Links: I will not exchange links. The links I provide are the ones I use. Post some comments, and I may check your blog out.
- “Partnering” with you.
- Talk with you about your SEO proposal, Site Errors, Link Building, or Buy a Bridge.
Sponsored Posts / Product Reviews:
I do not do sponsored posts. This is about helping people learn to cook, not sell your product, so no sponsored posts. Also, I do not do product reviews for similar reasons.
Send samples if you wish, but since I don’t publish my address, you will need to contact me first. Also, do not expect your product to appear on the blog since it probably will not.
If you want to do a giveaway with a nice product I like with a value over $80, we can talk. But I turn down most offers. I will do it if I believe your product is correct for my followers.
If I’m not familiar with or use the product, I will need a duplicate to evaluate to do the write-up. If I don’t like the product, I will not do the giveaway. If I use the product already, I’m good and don’t need the freebie.
For this, you get front page exposure on my blog during the giveaway and a short write-up. I will choose the winner by a random method. You will be responsible for the shipping of the product to the winner. The giveaway will last about one week and the post will be removed one week after completed.
Direct advertising: No thanks. All ads are by my ad network.
Ad Networks: I’m well set for now (6/2019). I will just trash your email since I get 3-4 inquiries per day. I tried responding politely but it is getting to be too much, and some of you take that as encouragement.
Information for Publishers
Hi there publishers, hope you’re having a good day.
I thought I would share my guidelines about the use of my photos and recipes. My blog is about sharing so I love to share but as always there are limits. The way I like to share will be good for you and good for me.
- Please ask. If you have the need for ongoing permission for my pictures and recipes, just ask for blanket permission, so you don’t need to keep asking.
- One picture only and the watermark must be left intact. This is for use in a non-recipe post ONLY. You may not use any of my images on the same page as a recipe. If you need a cropped or higher resolution, just let me know.
- Share the ingredients all you want. If you are publishing a similar recipe. It is polite to change at least several of the ingredients.
- If you publish any cooking instructions with the ingredients, you may not copy any photos.
- You may copy up to 40 words of the text but NO INSTRUCTIONS. If you want more, ask.
- Always provide link(s) back. One to the original post and one to 101 Cooking For Two that do not use “no follow”. I will settle for one but preferably two.
- Don’t ever publish the instructions/directions. Ever.
- If your site contains: health information of the non-traditional type, alternative medicine, or non-evidence base recommendations OR any of the popular non-scientific BS popular on the internet regarding nutrition and health, then you do not have permission to use any of my material ever. Go away. I do not want to deal with you and do not want to be associated with you.
- Don’t publish in your paper book, booklet or handout. You can’t provide a link, so I get nothing useful to me.
- Don’t tell me that you need the complete recipe and you will credit my site. Not an equal trade. I will just say no.
I bend rules for true non-profits.
There you have it. Have a great day.
Peace, Love, and Happiness as us old hippies would say
Have a great day
Most current contact information at Contact Me.
DrDan @ 101cookingfortwo . com (Remove spaces to use)
PS: I will enforce my copyrights if needed. I will use the DMCA to file complaints and report you to your ISP. Or other actions as needed including Pinterest and Google action. Let’s play nice…please.