Comments and questions are welcomed. But there are rules.
- Keep it polite, please. If your comment is spammy, rude, snarky, obnoxious, or off-topic, it will be deleted.
- No links are allowed. If a comment contains a link, I may delete the comment or just remove the link.
-If you are criticizing technique or ingredients without trying the recipe, the comment may be deleted if not constructive to the other users.
- See The Recipes before commenting about recipe size.
- Commenting about the post being too long? Please use the "Jump to Recipe" if you want to skip directly to the recipe. It is at the top of all recipes.
- Please do not comment about time guidelines if you did not watch the final internal temperature as instructed in the recipe.
***First time commenters are held for moderations before posted***
You can rate a recipe in two places by clicking on the star you want.
- The preferred method is in the comments.
- You can also just click in the recipe card on the star. This method only allows 4 or 5 ratings. Why? Over time this site and others have been "attacked" by large numbers of low ratings from the same IP addresses. It damages the recipe and my site. If you honestly want to leave a 3 or lower rating, you can but you need to act like a human and explain why and not act like a bot.
- If you are leaving a low rating and have not tried the recipe, it may be deleted. If you want to disagree when you have not tried my method or ingredients say why but no rating is allowed, start your own site.
Constructive criticism always welcome, but rude or obnoxious comments are not welcome and will not be published. You don't need to put that insulting dig in there. I'm polite, and you can be too in my house.
- If your comment advocates anything I consider unsafe, it will be deleted.
- If you use a spammy name to comment. Example, your name is not NikeSheakerGuy or AcmeGoldTraders.
- If your comment is not related to the post or includes material not related to the post, it will be deleted.
- If you appear to have not followed instructions or have not tied the recipe and want to complain, I will probably delete the comment. I don't want to have flame wars on the site with me accusing you of not reading and following the instructions. Example: cooking by time and not to final internal temperature when instructed.
- If you had a problem with a recipe and provide details, I will be happy to help troubleshoot your issue. Don't be snarky, please.
- If you want to expound on non-scientific "nutritional" or health/medical advice, your comment will be deleted. I know a lot more about science, nutrition, and medicine than you.
- If you want to complain about this not being a recipe with two only servings blog, please see The Recipes for a detailed discussion. We are cooking for two people and smaller households mostly. Not two servings.
- If you want to complain about there being advertising, you may leave. I use a conservative ad agency and have banded popups and autostart video. Plus, there is no "signup" popup. That is as good as it gets on the web. This site is free to use because of ads. If you don't want ads, pay for a subscription site. But they will still have ads. If you do get a popup ad (a few get through), I would appreciate time, date and a description of the ad. A screenshot would be wonderful.
I will be the sole and final judge of what is published on this site. Get your own site if you want to promote unsafe practices, non-scientific BS, off-subject topics, or be insulting.
While I will not publish comments with links, if you have a food blog, please include the name of your site. If I consider it a blog in the same sense as mine, I will be happy to give you some free advertising. But no link, please.
I use an aggressive spam filter, and I'm sure it catches some real comment ( I have found two in over 2000 I have checked) I get 200 plus spams per day, so I have given up checking them all. So I will apologize if your comment got labeled as spam. Sorry.
Lastly, I don't screen comments for incorrect statements, so buyer beware, please. And I will not post anonymous comments.
Legal Stuff about Comments.
You warrant and represent that:
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary rights of any third party. The burden of determining that any Materials are not so protected rests entirely with you.
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.