A very easy 5 but really I can't survive on this alone but you get the idea.
Notes: Like your home, decorate as you wish. Some candied cherries in red and green are nice. Use white chocolate chips for a white fudge. Add some currants, you decide just have fun with it. And gift away. I put some walnuts on top along with some red and green sprinkles.
The original recipe used low heat. Low on my stove is very low so I used medium-low.
- 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 9 oz butterscotch morsels
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 8 oz walnuts
- decorations of your choice
1) Start with a medium non-stick sauce pan over low or medium low heat. 2) Add 12 oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 9 oz of butterscotch morsels and one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir continuously until all is melted and mixed.3) While the mix is melting, take a few moments and butter the inside of a 8-9 inch round pan. Strip the label off the milk can and cover with wax paper and place in the middle of the pan. 4) When fudge is completely melted (about 5 minutes) add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix.5) Remove from heat and add 8 oz of walnuts. Other things can be substituted or added here. Place into your prepared pan.6) Decorate as you wish. Do this quickly since the fudge will set up fast. Cool for 20-30 minutes in refrigerator.7) Set pan in hot tap water to loosen for 2-3 minutes and pop out of pan.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 pounds