Wonderful fresh spinach salad with homemade dressing is a simple compliment to almost any fare. A summer classic but great anytime of the year.
Recipe Notes for Spinach Salad
The original recipe. You can read it… right.
Other Summer Favorites
Combine all non-dressing ingredients and toss well.
Combine all dressing components and mix well. This is a gravy shaker but a blender or even a whisk will do.
Serve with dressing on the side.
Fresh Spinach Salad
- 1 lb spinach - cleaned
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 14 oz bean sprouts
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts
- 1 red onion - medium chopped optional
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms - optional-
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil - vegetable or olive
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut bacon into small to medium pieces and fry until crisp
- Slice hard boiled eggs.
- Combine all non-dressing ingredients and toss well.
- Combine all dressing components and mix well.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.
Originally Published May 24, 2010