Crunchy and tasty, it seems to be everybody’s favorite. The one side dish that is present at all holiday meals and any other important meal in our family for the last 30 years has been broccoli slaw.
Many times before the family knows what the main dish is the “Are we having broccoli slaw?” question. Now I call that a good dish. I have meant to publish this family favorite for over a year but never got the pictures. Just too many things going on and not my responsibility.
Notes: The recipe calls for sunflower oil but any good vegetable oil will do.
Other Summer Salads Try Try
- 1 package Broccoli Slaw
- 3 stalks celery - chopped
- 5 green onions - sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 can rice noodles
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil or other good oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Clean and chop three stalks celery and slice three green onions.
- Mix the celery, onions, and one pkg. Broccoli Cole Slaw. Mix well.
- Mix 3/4 cup sliced almonds, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, and one can rice noodles. Mix well.
- Mix dressing: 1/2 cup sunflower oil (or other good oil), 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup white vinegar. Add just before serving and toss well. Note: you may not need quite all the dressing. Just add until all the mixture is moist.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.