Didn’t you always want to try a Soup Nazi soup? Just to see what it’s like. Well, the answer is excellent.
Editor’s Note: Originally Published November 3, 2010. Last Updated June 13, 2018 with re-edited text and photos.
While I usually don’t do recipes with this many ingredients, it wasn’t that bad with a little planning. Print the recipe and go shopping. But you will have most of the spices already.
I’m still on a marathon of work and a large pot of soup just fits my current lifestyle. But I wanted something special and had saved this recipe a couple of months ago.
If you Google Soup Nazi recipes you will get four different recipes that are repeated in many places. I chose the Mexican Chicken Chile. It’s a tomato spicy chicken soup. It will take some time but not a lot of work.
A solid higher 4.
Recipe Notes for Soup Nazi’s Mexican Chicken Chili
The recipe calls for 1 pound of chicken, but with this much soup, I prefer a little more meat so more like a pound and a half for me.
On a spicy scale, this is about a 3 out of 10 so some of you might want to spice it up a little.
Other Related Chicken Chili/Soup Recipes
1 pound chicken breast fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 potato, peeled; chopped
1 small onion, diced
1/2 carrot sliced
1 celery stalk diced
1 jalapeno, diced finely
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
10 cups water
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup frozen yellow corn
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, plus liquid
1/4 cup diced canned pimento
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper (I use 1/8 t as a dash)
Clean and filet 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast.
Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot. Cook until internal temp of 165. Do NOT clean pot.
Let chicken cool for 20-30 minutes and then hand shred.
Knife skill time: prep the carrot(sliced), celery(chopped), potato(chopped), onion(diced), jalapeno(diced), parsley(chopped) and garlic clove(minced).
Put all ingredients into the uncleaned pot and bring to a boil then decreased heat to a simmer.
Cook for 4 to 5 hours stirring frequently.
The color will change from a red to a brown. The soup will thicken and reduce by about 40 %.
Soup Nazi's Mexican Chicken Chili
- 1 lb pound chicken breast fillets - 4 fillets, I had 1 1/2which was 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 potato - peeled; chopped
- 1 onion - small diced
- 1/2 carrot - sliced
- 1 stalk celery - diced
- 1 jalapeno - diced finely
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce red kidney beans - plus liquid
- 1/4 cup diced canned pimento
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Clean and filet the two chicken breast. Heat 1 T olive oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot. Cook until internal temp of 165.
- Do NOT clean pot. Let chicken cool for 20-30 minutes and then hand shred
- Knife skill time: prep the carrot(sliced), celery(chopped), potato(chopped), onion (diced), jalapeno(diced), parsley(chopped) and garlic clove(minced)
- Put all ingredients into the uncleaned pot and bring to boil the decreased heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 4 to 5 hours stirring frequently. The color will change from a red to a brown. The soup will thicken and reduce by about 40%.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
Originally Published November 3, 2010