Didn’t you always want to try a Soup Nazi soup? Just to see what it’s like. Well, the answer is excellent.
While I usually don’t do recipes with this many ingredients, it wasn’t that bad with a little planning. Print the recipe and go shopping.
I’m still on my marathon of work. See previous posts for details. A Large pot of soup just fits my current lifestyle. But I wanted something special and had saved this recipe a couple of months ago. If you Google Soup Nazi recipes you will get four different recipes that are repeated in many places. I chose the Mexican Chicken Chile. It’s a tomato spicy chicken soup. It will take some time but not a lot of work.
Notes: The recipe calls for 1 pound of chicken, but I used 1 1/2 due to the size of the chicken breasts. I didn’t have chicken stock, so the chicken broth was fine.
On a spicy scale, this is about a 3 out of 10 so some of you might want to spice it up a little.
1 pound chicken breast fillets (4 fillets) (I had 1 1/2 lb which was 2 chicken breasts)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 potato, peeled; chopped
1 small onion, diced
1/2 carrot sliced
1 celery stalk diced
1 jalapeno, diced finely
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
10 cups water
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup frozen yellow corn
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, plus liquid
1/4 cup diced canned pimento
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper (I use 1/8 t as a dash)
1) Clean and filet the two chicken breast. Heat 1 T olive oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot. Cook until internal temp of 165.
2) Do NOT clean pot. Let chicken cool for 20-30 minutes and then hand shred.
3) Knife skill time: prep the carrot(sliced), celery(chopped), potato(chopped), onion(diced), jalapeno(diced), parsley(chopped) and garlic clove(minced).
4) Put all ingredients into the uncleaned pot and bring to a boil then decreased heat to a simmer.
5) Cook for 4 to 5 hours stirring frequently. The color will change from a red to a brown. The soup will thicken and reduce by about 40 %.
July 16, 2016