Start with some mayo. You could use lower fat if you wish here. Some recipes use zero fat Greek yogart as the base instead. Add some Parmesan and seasoning. Coat some well trimmed skinless boneless chicken breasts and then sprinkle all sides with some Italian bread crumbs. Bake and you're in chicken heaven.
The "inspired by" today goes to Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast at Food.com. I added the bread crumbs and adjusted the technique a little.
Notes: Not much to say other than this is a great tasting chicken.The is an easy recipe to adjust. Cut in half for 2 or double for a full family. Cut the fat with low fat mayo or use a non fat Greek yogurt.
- 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (fresh preferred)
- 1 1/2 t seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1) Preheat oven to 375 convection or 400 regular. Trim, rinse and pat dry 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts.2) Mix in a medium bowl 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh shredded preferred) , 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (I used Lawry's), 1 t garlic powder and 1/2 t pepper.3) Prepare a cooking sheet with aluminum foil (to help clean up) and a rack. The rack will help crispiness all around. You can do without the rack but the bottom will not be crispy. Give the rack a good spray of PAM.4) Dip the chicken breasts in the mayonnaise Parmesan mixture. Be sure to get all surface coated. Finger use allowed but be sure to wash well after.5) Lightly sprinkle with some Italian bread crumbs on both sides. I used about 1/3 cup on three large breast. You are not coating them. Just adding some crispy and flavor.6) Bake until internal temp of 165. This will vary by oven but mostly by size of the chicken breast. About 40 minutes for medium to large. 45 minute for huge. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings