Tasty moist everyday basic meatloaf from a Paula Deen recipe at Food Network.
My heart can’t take reading most Paula Deen recipes. The doctor in my just can’t take it. But I enjoy watching her cook and her personality. So last week I wanted meatloaf and a Food Network email arrive and there was Paula Deen and her basic meatloaf and it looked like I would live through it.
The original recipe was for 1 pound. Never will I make a 1 pound meatloaf. Meatloaf is for leftovers. So first I double it. Then I “rounded” the ingredients a little. 1 cup of onion is one medium onion and so on. Also I decreased the salt a little and decreased to topping since doubling does not double surface area.
It may be a 4 but I like my meatloaf better. My wife described this as eating stuffed peppers (she likes stuffed peppers). So take your choice. Both are good and quick.
Preheat oven to 375 convection.
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and transfer to baking dish. Like all meat loaf, do not over mix.
Mix topping and spread over meatloaf then bake for approx 1 hour. Until internal temp of about 170.
- 2 pounds ground beef`
- 2 t salt
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 medium chopped (about 1 cup) onion
- 1 medium chopped ( 1 cup) green pepper
- 2 whipped eggs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 14½ oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 T Brown sugary
- 1 T Mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 convection.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and transfer to baking dish. Like all meat loaf, do not over mix.
- Mix topping and spread over meatloaf then bake for approx 1 hour. Until internal temp of about 165-170.
September 23 2014