Great tasting spicy oven fried chicken. Very similar taste to Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Breast but with very little fuss. Give it a try today.
As usual, I couldn’t find anything that I wanted to do by Googling. I wanted an oven for two reasons. First I’m too busy right now to pay attention to frying nor to clean up after. Second, I’m on a low-fat health kick, and this has almost zero. Put it on a whole wheat bun with some low fat mayo and pat yourself on the back for how good you’re being.
Notes: I spent about 20 minutes preperation time, but it should have been about 10-15 (I was combining recipes as I cooked). Cooking time right at 30 minutes.
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts trimmed
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 t paprika
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1) Preheat oven to 425 convection.
2) Trim chicken breast. Pat dry.
3) Establish dredge lines with 1/4 cup flour in first pan. Separate an egg and place white in the second pan and then whip with a fork. Discard yoke. In third pan place remaining 1/4 cup flour and all other ingredients and mix well.
4) Prep cooking pan with aluminum foil and cooking grate. Spray with Pam.
5) Dredge dried chicken in flour and shake off excess then egg and finally the flour/Panko/spice mix and place on the cooking grate.
6) Give the top a brief spray of Pam. Place in oven and cook until internal temp of 165. About 30 minutes.
July 24, 2016