A simple five-star Texas no bean chili with a rich, spicy heat. It has lots of kick and a great taste profile from the three types of chilies. To top it off, this is an extremely easy “dump and cook” slow cooker recipe.
I promise this is the last chili recipe for a long time. But I also promised several people I would get this one posted. It has been “on the shelf” since I don’t want two Texas chili recipes in a row and I have delayed even longer due to 12 hour per day work schedule.
A spiced up version of my previous posted Texas Chili, but it’s more than that. The multiple types of chilies seem to add more than heat. They add different tastes that are very nice.
This also may be my last post for a while. My wonderful wife returns this weekend from a 7-week absence due to a family medical emergency. So I will be spending time with her and cooking her favorite things and not experimenting on her. But a few posts may come through.
I really like this one. It is spicy, but a very nice spicy that is much more than just adding more cumin or cayenne to a recipe. Add a little sour cream and cheese on top and your taste bud will dance.
Notes: This is a 7/10 spicy which is about as high as I go. But I’m a wimp, so it is probably ok for most people.
Other Great Crock Pot Chilis to Try
Clean and dice two jalapenos (finely), 2 Anaheim peppers and 2 Poblano peppers. Also, chop a large onion. You need 2 pounds of beef. I was lazy this time and used pre-cut stew meat. If you do this be sure to go through it and trim more of needed. Or cut your own in 1-inch cubes from a beef roast.
Combine the chopped onion and peppers with four cloves of crush garlic, 2 – 14 oz cans diced tomatoes, 14 oz can beef broth, 2 T chili powder, 1 t pepper, 1 t salt, 1 t oregano and 1/2 t cumin.
Cook on low in a slow cooker or crock pot for 8 hours.
Spicy 3 Chilies Texas Chili a la Crock Pot
- 2 lbs beef roast - trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes or use stew meat
- 2 jalapeno - diced small
- 2 Anaheim - diced medium
- 2 poblano pepper - chopped medium
- 1 onion - large chopped
- 4 cloves garlic powder - crushed or minced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 14 oz beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- Clean and dice 2 jalapeno (finely), 2 Anaheim peppers and 2 Poblano peppers. Also chop a large onion
- You need 2 pound of beef. I was lazy this time and used pre-cut stew meat. If you do this be sure to go through it and time more of needed. Or cut your own in 1 inch cubes from a beef roast.
- Combine the chopped onion and peppers with 4 cloves of crush garlic, 2 - 14 oz cans diced tomatoes, a 14 oz can beef broth, 2 T chili powder, 1 t pepper, 1 t salt, 1 t oregano and 1/2 t cumin.
- Cook on low in a slow cooker or crock pot for 8 hours.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.