We are finally getting to the point of the last two posts. We are now going to assemble the Chicken Enchilada Casserole. This will feed four hungry people or 2 hungry people twice... love those left overs.
Tools: 8 by 12 baking pan - i usually use glass or pyrex for easier clean up.
Ingredients:1 full recipe of Shredded Chicken
1 full recipe of Enchilada Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
8 8 inch tortillas - I'm using a low carb whole wheat type but what ever you want
1 pound shredded cheese, I'm using a Kraft Mexican blend
Instructions:1) Preheat over to 375 convection. Chop onion and add to sour cream.
2) Place tortillas in microwave, leave in bag but open one side. 20 seconds on high to soften.
3) Set up assembly line of two dinner plates and the baking pan.
4) Place about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on first plate.
5) Take first tortilla and place on first plate. Coat both sides lightly with sauce and move to second plate for assembly.
6) Place 2 T of the sour cream/onion mixture in a line about 1/3 in from left side. Add a generous about of shredded chicken and top with about 2 T cheese.
7) Starting on the left side, tightly roll the tortilla and place seam down in the baking pan.
8) Repeat 5 through 7 with other tortillas, adding sauce to first plate as needed.
9) Pour all remaining sauce over pan. Top with any extra onion. Add 8 oz cheese.
10) Cook until cheese is browned. About 20 minutes.
Top with tomato, lettuce and sour cream. Or anything else you want.