One of my absolute favorites. Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Follow these step by step photo instructions for this classic dish.
We are finally getting to the point of the last two posts. We are now going to assemble the Chicken Enchilada Casserole. This will feed four hungry people or 2 hungry people twice… love those leftovers.
An easy 5. I could eat this all day every day. This has been one of my favorite recipes.
Tools: 8 by 12 baking pan -I usually use glass or Pyrex for easier clean up.
One full recipe of Shredded Mexican Chicken (4 breasts) (https://www.101cookingfortwo.com/mexican-shredded-chicken/)
One full recipe of Enchilada Sauce (http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/enchilada-sauce/)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
8 8 inch tortillas – I’m using a low carb whole wheat type but whatever you want
1 pound shredded cheese; I’m using a Kraft Mexican blend
1) Preheat over to 375 convection. Chop onion and add to sour cream.
2) Place tortillas in the microwave, leave in the bag but open one side. 20 seconds on high to soften.
3) Set up an assembly line of two dinner plates and the baking pan.
4) Place about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on the first plate.
5) Take first tortilla and place on the first plate. Coat both sides lightly with sauce and move to the second plate for assembly.
6) Place 2 T of the sour cream/onion mixture in a line about 1/3 in from left side. Add a generous about of shredded chicken and top with about 2 T cheese.
7) Starting on the left side, tightly roll the tortilla and place seam down in the baking pan.
8) Repeat 5 through 7 with other tortillas, adding sauce to the first plate as needed.
9) Pour all remaining sauce over the pan. Top with any extra onion. Add 8 oz cheese.
10) Cook until cheese is browned. About 20 minutes.
Top with tomato, lettuce, and sour cream. Or anything else you want.
August 12, 2016