These ultra-easy crockpot chicken fajitas can be yours with four main ingredients plus a few spices. Everybody will want the recipe, and the family will love it.
I’m always on the search for a good recipe, but extra points for Mexican, crockpot or chicken. I have a triple winner here. Inspired by an Allrecipe.com recipe that is from Reynolds foil trying to get you to use their crockpot liners. I skipped the liner but did a few other changes also.
First, there is fajita seasoning mix added. Most spice mixes are mainly filler and a few spices. I went with some chili powder and a few other spices. And somehow they had this making 16 servings. I have no idea how. We had 4 double servings or 8 not too big servings.
What chicken to use?
Not precooked. You must cook, so the veggies get done. So I used chicken tenders. I trimmed that little tendon on them and just dumped them in. Skinless boneless chicken breasts are what I will probably use in the future. Slice it across the grain about 1/4 inch (or a little less) thick. The last choice is skinless boneless chicken thighs, excellent choice.
A very nice lower 5. My wife is even planning on doing it herself. It must be good.
There is lots of “juice” left at the end of cooking. I can’t think of any use for this so get your chicken and veggies out and discard the fluids.
Trim 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of chicken tenders or sliced skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
Chop 2 bell peppers color of your choice. Slice 1 large onion into thin rings.
Add 3/4 cup salsa to smaller crock pot. Mix in 4 teaspoons chili powder. Add 1 teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and cumin. Mix well and spread over bottom evenly.
Add chicken on the salsa then top with all the veggies.
Cook on high for 3 hours. Or 5-6 hours on low.
Remove from crockpot with a slotted spoon and serve with tortillas and toppings of choice.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Chicken tenders - or skinless boneless breast or thighs
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 bell peppers - color of your choice
- 1 onion - large sliced thin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- tortillas and toppings for serving
- Trim 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of chicken tenders or sliced skinless chicken breasts.
- Chop 2 bell peppers color of your choice. Slice 1 large onion into thin rings.
- Add 3/4 cup salsa to smaller crock pot. Mix in 4 teaspoons chili powder. Add one teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and cumin. Mix well and spread over bottom evenly.
- Add chicken on the salsa then top with all the veggies.
- Cook on high for 3 hours. Or 5-6 hours on low.
- Remove from crockpot with a slotted spoon and serve with tortillas and toppings of choice.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.