Somewhat inspired by a cooks.com recipe with only a few minor changes. The biggest change was from the white corn that added a lot of extra sweetness.
Notes: The oregano went well with the extra sweetness from the white corn but my wife thought a bay leaf may have been been more to her taste. A repeat cooking with that change will be coming.
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 -14 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen white corn
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots pealed and diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chicken soup base or 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 t oregano
- 1/2 t thyme
- 1/2 t pepper
- salt to taste
1) Chop 2 pealed carrots, 2 stalks celery and one medium onion.2) Trim and cut 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.3) Add veggies, 4 cloves minced garlic, 4 - 14 oz cans chicken broth, 1 1/2 tsp of chicken soup base or 2 bouillon cubes, 1 t oregano, 1/ 2 tsp each of thyme and pepper. Salt to taste. 16 oz package of frozen white corn. Add chicken and mix well.4) Cook for 8 hrs on low.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 serving