Start with simple ingredients. Cut the chicken into serving size pieces and cook for 6 hours. Another 2/10 difficult recipe. It is 2 only because you must use a knife and not hurt yourself.
I cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces for easier serving. You can use other chicken but I find chicken with skin is not a good thing in slow cookers. This recipe can be cut in half easy. You won't be able to find 14 oz cans of crushed tomatoes. Use diced and freeze the half can of tomato paste. Or cook the whole thing and freeze away.
I used my smaller 3 1/2 qt. cooker. You could use a larger cooker with this I believe but a cooker should be about half full or more to work well.
- 2 pounds (about 3 breasts) skinless boneless chicken breast trimmed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 t dry basil
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/4 t crushed pepper (optional)
1) Start by chopping one medium onion and one green pepper. Crush 3 cloves garlic.2) Rinse and trim about 2 pounds (three medium) skinless boneless chicken breast. Cut into 3-4 pieces each for better serving. Other skinless chicken may be used.3) Add chicken and prepped veggies to a crock pot. I used 3 1/2 quart size. Combine with 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste, 1 -28 oz can crushed tomatoes, 2 t dry basil, 1 t salt, 1/2 t pepper and 1/4 t crushed red pepper. Mix well.4) Cook for 6 hours on low.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 serving