Parmesan roasted green beans are a delicious recipe that is a great easy side dish for any meal. Just follow these simple step by step photo instructions.
We all need a collection of easy, dependable side dishes that can deliver dependable, great taste every time. Add this one to the collection.
A solid 4.
Pro Tips: Recipe Notes for Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
This is a Tyler Florence recipe from Food Network. I have decreased the size (this is “cooking for two”) and have simplified the technique a bit along with more detailed instruction.
The Green Beans
This is a fresh green bean recipe and not for frozen beans.
How to Pick Out Fresh Green Beans
While reasonable fresh green beans are available year-round, the peak season is June through September, and local fresh will be best.
Of course, fresh off the vine is the best or farmer’s market. Use the store produce department if you must.
Specifically, look for green beans that are firm and have a vibrant green color. Try to avoid bigger beans with swelling around the seeds.
Try to use beans that are about the same size. The skinny ones seemed to cook over and were a little dry.
The Other Ingredients
Good quality olive oil and Parmesan cheese are highly recommended. Then a little salt and pepper. You can add a bit of garlic powder if you want.
Other Suggested Recipes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees convection or 400 degrees conventional. Clean and trim 1/2 pound of green beans. Try to use beans of constant size — the skinny ones with dry out.
In a medium bowl, combine beans with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Mix well, then add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and mix again.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the beans evenly across the paper. Cover with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh preferred).
Bake until browning some, 10-15 minutes.
Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- 8 oz green beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated fresh preferred
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder - optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees convection or 400 degrees conventional. Clean and trim 1/2 pound of green beans. Try to use beans of constant size. The skinny ones with dry out.
- In a medium bowl combine beans with 2 teaspoon olive oil. Mix well then add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and mix again.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the beans evenly across the paper. Cover with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh preferred).
- Bake until browning some, 10-15 minutes.
- Use a tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- This is easy to adjust to the amount you need.
- Look for green beans that are firm and have a vibrant green color. Try to avoid bigger beans with swelling around the seeds. Also, about the same size.
- The better the Parmesan, the better the taste.
- The garlic powder is optional but required at our house.
- Ovens and beans can vary some. Go by color.
Nutrition is generally for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
Originally Published July 8, 2012. Updated with expanded information and options along with refreshed photos.