It tastes as good as it sounds. Quick and easy, this chicken marinade has butter, lemon, garlic, and spices. Cook the chicken over direct heat for speed, a little bit of “crunchy” and out of this world taste.
Editor’s Note: Originally published May 20, 2010. Last Updated May 14, 2018.
This was our standard grilled chicken when the kids were young. The components are always in the house, so not much thinking ahead.
A solid 5 for us.
Recipe Notes for Quick Garlic Lemon Marinaded Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
The marinade is enough for 4 breasts.
Try to let the marinade cool some before adding the chicken or it will cook the chicken some.
I scored the smooth side of the breasts. I saw this somewhere it seems like a good idea to allow the marinade to penetrate better. I think it did some but really mostly we do this without the scoring.
Three chicken breasts because that is want was in the package. The leftovers are great on salad.
The grilling method is my standard grilling method for skinless boneless chicken breast. You need to control your grill heat. Too hot and you will make hockey pucks.
Your really need two different thermometers to do this well. First, a grill surface thermometer and second, a instant read digital thermometer. See A Beginners Guide to Grill Temperature on a Gas Grill for more information.
Other Suggested Chicken Marinades
This is great on a salad due to the intense flavor. Try Garlic Marinated Grilled Flank Steak if you want beef
Trim 2-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts. Lightly score (about 1/8 inch deep) across grain every 1/2 inch on the smooth side of the breast. The scoring is not a must do but it helps the taste penitrate faster.
In a medium size sauce pan, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons (about 6-8 cloves) minces or crushed garlic and bloom for 1 mi, nute. Add 6 tablespoons lemon juice1 tablespoons Lowrey’s (or other) seasoning salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Add chicken breast smooth size down, stir well and be sure breast are covered with liquid.
Now preheat the grill for 10 minutes on medium-high for a surface temperature of about 450 degrees. Clean well and oil.
Place breasts over direct heat with lid closed for 5 minutes per side. Continue to cook until internal temp of 165. (about 30 minutes total cooking time).
Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Garlic Lemon Marinaded Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons butter - 3/4 stick
- 6 tablespoons ReaLemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic - sub 6-8 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt - Lowrey’s
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim chicken breasts. Lightly score (about 1/8 inch deep) across grain every 1/2 inch on the smooth side of the breast
- In a medium size saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and bloom for 1 minute. Add spices and ReaLemon. Mix well and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chicken breast smooth size down, stir well and be sure breast are covered with liquid.
- Now preheat the grill for 10 minutes on medium-high, clean well and oil.
- Place breasts over medium-high direct heat with lid closed for 5-6 minutes per side. On third and forth flip re-baste the breast with the marinade and turn heat down to medium.
- Continue to cook until internal temp of 165. (about 30 minutes total cooking time)6) Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.Do you want more recipes from 101 Cooking for Two? Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.
Originally Published May 20, 2010