Nothing goes better with pork than apples. Apple pork chops are the perfect fall meal and so easy to make in a crock pot. And tasty enough to leave them asking for more. Just follow these simple step by step photo instructions.
Start with some nice 1-inch boneless pork chops. Add a touch of salt and pepper and a good brush of Dijon and honey. Then slow cook for 4-5 hours until fall-apart tender
My wife gave it a 5. I'm a solid higher-4. I love my wife.
Many things can be called a "pork chop, " but some are not really what you want. Thinks to marketing, things are a bit confusing with many names for the same cut of pork.
Things called sirloin, blade, or steak are just not what you want. So in the diagram above, you want the middle three and neither end. Bone-in is fine, but I prefer thicker boneless in crock pot situations.
I like to cut my "pork chops" from whole pork loins. That would be called a center-cut loin chop. I cut at 1 inch thick. Whole pork loins go on sale frequently and are a great bargain.
A lot seems to be made of what apple to use for this or that. I believe it is more a matter of individual taste. So probably the apples you have is fine other than Red Delicious or Macintosh.
An apple that is firmer and tarter is the best choice here. So if you are buying apples just for this recipe, then some good choices are Cortland, Granny Smith, and Ida Red.
📖Pork Chop Recipes
This recipe is listed in these categories. See them for more similar recipes.
🖼️Step-by-Step Photo Instructions
Use apples of your choice other than Red Delicious or Mackintosh.
Peel and slice two medium apples or one large. Thinly slice ½ of a medium onion.
Combine one tablespoon each of Dijon mustard and honey. Place in microwave for about 10 seconds on high. Then mix well.
Lightly salt and pepper the chops to taste. Brush the chops with the honey mixture.
Place in a small crock pot (I used 3.5 qt). Cover evenly with the onion and the apples. You should use a bigger crock pot for a doubled recipe.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Crock Pot Apple Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops - one inch thick
- ½ onion - medium
- 2 apples - medium or one large
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Peel and slice two medium apples (or one large). Use apples of your choice other than Red Delicious or Mackintosh. Thinly slice ½ of a medium onion.
- Combine one tablespoon each of Dijon mustard and honey. Place in microwave for about 10 seconds on high. Then mix well.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chops to taste. Brush the chops with the honey mixture.
- Place in a smaller crock pot (I used 3.5 qt). Cover evenly with the onion and the apples.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
My Private Notes
- This fits nicely in a 3.5-quart crock pot. If you double the recipe, use a 6-8 quart crock pot.
- Use the apples you want, but Red Delicious or Macintosh. are probably not good choices.
- Since crock pots vary, 4 hours will be fine for most people, but you want the apples tender and the pork chops 140 degrees or more.
- Good refrigerated for 3-4 days.
To adjust the recipe size:
You may adjust the number of servings in this recipe card under servings. This does the math for the ingredients for you. BUT it does NOT adjust the text of the instructions. So you need to do that yourself.
© 101 Cooking for Two, LLC. All content and photographs are copyright protected by us or our vendors. While we appreciate your sharing our recipes, please realize copying, pasting, or duplicating full recipes to any social media, website, or electronic/printed media is strictly prohibited and a violation of our copyrights.
Publisher note: Originally published November 9, 2013. Updated with expanded options, refreshed photos, and a table of contents to help navigation.