Great moisture and taste in the easiest crock pot shredded port tenderloin EVER. While I love pulled pork, this will do anytime.
A lot of time, I just experiment with food, kind of like chemistry lab but without the risk of explosion. See my previous post with raw potatoes in a crock pot. You haven’t seen that before.
My plan was to trim the pork tenderloin, cut it into chunks, spiced it and then cooked it “dry”. Shred it and add it back into the liquid that came out during cooking.
So my logic for this was:
- A crock pot on high gets 200 plus degrees.
- Pork tenderloin is lean so low and slow is not needed. If you “overcook it” in a moist environment it will shred easily.
- The amount of moisture in the tenderloin (usually a moist meat) would be about the right about to moisturizer it at the end of cooking.
It works great.
A nice strong 4.
Notes: The spicing is very nice for a BBQ pork sandwich. Feel free to mess with the spicing but with recipe; it does all end up on your plate.
PLEASE be sure you have a pork TENDERLOIN and not a pork LOIN. They are NOT the same. A tenderloin is about 1 1/2 pounds, long and thin. A pork loin is much bigger and thicker. They do not cook the same and the problems most people are having seem to be the wrong cut of pork. If you have a loin, then please see https://www.101cookingfortwo.com/crock-pot-pulled-pork-loin/
Crock Pot BBQ Recipes
Start with a pork tenderloin. Trim off extra fat and the silverskin.
Cut into 5-6 about equal chunks.
Mix 2 teaspoon brown sugar, two teaspoon chili powder, one teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon each pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
Add the spices to the tenderloin in a bowl and stir well to coat.
Place the meat in the bottom of a small crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours.
Shred the meat after 2 hours and mix back into the liquid in the crock pot. Let it cook another 15-20 minutes on high and you are good to go.
Easiest Crock Pot Shredded Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin - about 1-1/2 pounds
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start with a pork tenderloin. Trim off extra fat and the silverskin.
- Cut into 5-6 approximately equal chunks.
- Mix 2 teaspoon brown sugar, two teaspoon chili powder, one teaspoon coarse salt, 1/4 teaspoon each of pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add the spices to the meat in a bowl and stir well to coat.
- Place the meat in the bottom of a small crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Shred the meat after 2 hours and mix back into the liquid in the crock pot. Let it cook another 15-20 minutes on high and you are good to go.
Nutrition is generally for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.