An easy grilling that will leave them raving. Good for a weekend company lunch or a weeknight. Very moist and tasty.
Here is a secret in here that many already know. The secret is to grill skinless boneless chicken breasts well is thinner uniform pieces. That is not what you get at your local supermarket. Those suckers can be huge and thick. You can’t cook it well, and it won’t do in a sandwich.
1) I needed to feed five people and wanted leftovers, so I cooked a family pack of skinless boneless chicken breasts. In the package, there were three of those huge breasts and five reasonable size ones. I left the normal size ones and cut chicken fillets from the large ones.
2) I used 7:2:2 seasoning (see my post on 7:2:1 for this garlic packed variation).
3) Cook over high heat. The thinner fillets were done in 12-15 minutes while the breast took about 20 minutes to get above 160.
This will be the go to recipe for Saturday lunches.
Clean oil and preheat grill to high. (This is my new Weber Summit grill. Highly recommended.)
Pat dry chick breast. Trim off any fat and bone.
Cut any huge chicken breasts into fillets.
Sprinkle with 7:2:1 or 7:2:2 depending on your garlic desire.
Place over high heat.
After 2-3 minutes flip the chicken. See the edged turning white. That is your clue that it is time to turn the chicken.
Cook until internal temp of 160-165. The thinnest were done in 12 minutes. Most in 15 and the thickest whole breast about 20 minutes.
30 minute Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- to taste 7:2:1 or 7:2:2 seasoning
- Clean oil and preheat grill to high.
- Pat dry chick breast. Trim off any fat and bone.
- Cut any huge chicken breasts into fillets.
- Sprinkle with 7:2:1 or 7:2:2 depending on your garlic desire.
- Place over high heat.After 2-3 minutes flip the chicken
- Cook until internal temp of 160-165. The thinnest were done in 12 minutes. Most in 15 and the thickest whole breast about 20 minutes.
Have a question or something not clear? Ask in the comments.
Nutrition is for one serving. Number of servings is stated above and is my estimate of normal serving size for this recipe.
All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, the pleasure of a nice 4 or 5 rating would be greatly appreciated.